Sunday 22 January 2017

DJT Is POTUS

Following his shocking elections win, Donald J Trump is now the 45th President of the United States, after his inauguration last Friday.

How will the world change from here?

How can be benefit from the markets?

For one, we all know a lot of his policies will be protectionist.

I see a weaker USD as he starts to make US-made products competitive again.

I see a lot of trade deals revisions, leading to less globalized trading.

I see Asia being used as a pawn for many of his policies (especially China and Taiwan, but in part Japan and Korea as well).

I see a lot of conservatism coming back. Big pharma will prosper, defence will prosper and so will the banks.

I see the stock markets going through a lot of volatility, as the optimism is not matched by the actual earnings. Gold will experience a resurgence, the stock market will have more violent swings.

Anyway these are just my personal views. I am quite excited to see how everything plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment