Monday 30 January 2017

2017 Trading Resolution

I wrote my trading resolutions last week and one of them was a trading resolution for myself.

Basically I wanted to achieve a 20% gain in my main speculative account with Saxo.

And it has not been a good start at all, with the following significant positions:

1) A large USDJPY short exposure hoping Trump's protectionist policies require him drumming up weaker USD rhetoric. This hasn't gone very well and is currently hovering around the 114.40 area as Japan tries to ease in order to meet its 2% inflation target.
2) A large VIX long via ETF (VIXY:arcx) which has dropped to some of the lowest levels with the US market on a tear upwards. Still holding out for a huge spike though.

Here's the poor performance thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment