Friday 2 January 2015

Investment In Funds

Recently I invested into two funds, hoping that smarter fund managers can help me grow my funds better that what I can do. Specifically I invested into two dividend paying funds particularly for yield.

1) First State Dividend Advantage
Wow, this is such an old fund that almost 10 years ago when I was an RM in the retail banks, this was one of the popular products to sell. I have invested in this fund before and now I'm doing it again. The investment objective of the First State Dividend Advantage is to provide investors with regular distributions and long-term growth from high dividend yielding equity investments focused in the Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan). The investment policy of the Sub-Fund is to invest all or substantially all of its assets in the First State Asian Equity Plus Fund, a sub-fund under the Dublin registered umbrella fund known as First State Global Umbrella Fund plc. The Underlying Fund invests primarily in securities in the Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan). Such companies will be selected on the basis of their high dividend yields and their potential for long-term capital appreciation. It pays a targeted annual dividend of 4%.

2) HSBC GIF - Global Emerging Mkts Bd Fund
This is my first time venturing into this fund. I like it that it's risk classification is far lower than what I normally would do. The Fund seeks total return mainly through a diversified portfolio of investment grade and non-investment grade rated fixed income (e.g.bonds) and other similar securities either issued by companies which have their registered offices in emerging markets around the world, primarily denominated in US dollars, or which are issued or guaranteed by governments, government agencies and supranational bodies of emerging markets. It pays a targeted annual dividend of 5%.

No comments:

Post a Comment