Friday 26 December 2014

10 Reasons I'm Not Rich

So I've been in the doldrums for a while figuring out why I'm where I am today and why I've got so little money in the bank.

I came across this article which was a really good read! It basically pin-pointed all my faults, and then some!

Here's a recap of the 10 reasons I'm not rich. Yet.

#1 I Spend Money Like I'm Already Rich
Absolutely. I think I need to cut down on my credit cards, drink less, and throw money around less (whether its for alcohol, toys, food etc).

#2 I Don't Have A Plan
You know, at the start of 2014, I really thought I had something resembling a plan. Obviously that didn't work out looking back.

#3 I Don't Have An Emergency Fund
Fact. I have hardly one. Maybe too little in cold, hard cash. Need to work on that.

#4 I Started Late
Well, I guess when you start from zero at the start of each new year...

#5 You'd Rather Complain Than Commit
Ok this one I'm finally not guilty of. I don't think I'm much of a complainer at all.

#6 You Live For Today In Spite Of Tomorrow
This looks like a double count with #1. It's that whole carpe diem mentality that makes me wanna spend, spend and spend somemore many a time.

#7 You Are A One-Trick Investor
Nah, not me. I'm more like a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' - type of investor in fact. A total opposite. Plus I haven't made my one-trick investment big win yet even.

#8 I Don't Automate
I'm not sure how this helps, but it appears as if I really do not.

#9 I Have No Sense Of Urgency
Maybe...

#10 I Am Easily Influenced
Definitely. Some of my greatest investment pitfalls have been bad recommendations from too frequent trading chats.

Things need to change, and I hope it does in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment