Tuesday 29 April 2014

John Hancock Premium Dividend Fund (PDT)

This is one of my stocks in my Passive Income portfolio.

Bought this stock at $11.70 some 4 months ago.

Sold it today at $13.27.

My rationale is that taking the $1.57 profit now is more worthwhile than getting approximately $0.05 in monthly dividends (after tax). Afterall, I'd have to wait 2 years to earn that gain in dividends.

My risk is that of the potential opportunity cost of PDT continuing to gain in price and sees dividend growth beyond the two years. So this is not long term thinking on my part. But it is something I'm willing to risk given my uncertainty of the global economy.

Now I'm going to shift my funds to a better yielding stock.

Will consider entering again if the price comes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment