Monday 24 February 2014

My Current Stock Portfolio Breakdown

Since the middle of last year, I have tried my very best to pursue a double pronged stock investing approach. I wanted to keep a portion of the portfolio strictly for passive income investing, and another portion strictly for value investing.

Unfortunately at this stage, I'm still unsure of what my optimal portioning(%) or the portfolio should be. Should it be 50/50? But value investing takes a far longer time to realize any capital gains. How can I achieve my target of attaining $500/mth dividend income in 2014? What if some stocks are both providing good passive income and are undervalued?!

There is still much that I haven't properly considered.

Nonetheless, my current portfolio breakdown is as such, in the most approximate sense:

38% Passive Income Stocks
60% Value Investing Stocks
2% Net Cash

Might have to do abit of rebalancing soon.

Also from a country breakdown:

25% US Stocks
75% Singapore Stocks

Maybe I will add other countries to the mix in future.

Will update on this portfolio breakdown on a monthly basis if possible. And add further data as I see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment