Saturday 30 January 2016

First Berserker Rage Of 2016

I did it again!

Dammit!

The news of BOJ announcing that they were going into negative interest rate (NIRP) territory started it all.

From a spike stop out (I was short USDJPY), it all spiraled into madness as I went in and out, in and out, with very tight stops and larger and larger wagers, all in the vain hope of chasing small gains.

A classic FX trader's mistake, failure to control emotions.

The losses kept piling up. Hundreds upon hundreds into the thousands.

By the end of the night I was staring at a total loss of SGD10,024.

This really hurts man. 

I thought it wouldn't happen to me again.

Now to pick up the pieces. 

And stop any trading for awhile (or ever), so that I can consolidate my finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment